IF THE ENGINE DOES NOT START
If engine doesn’t turn over or turns over slowly :
If engine turns over normally but does not start
|• Check fuel level.|
• With the ignition switch in the LOCK/OFF position, check all connectors at ignition, coil and spark plugs. Reconnect any that may be disconnected or loose.
• Check the fuel line in the engine compartment.
• If the engine still does not start, call an authorized HYUNDAI dealer or seek other qualified assistance. Connect cables in numerical order and disconnect in reverse order.
Jump starting can be dangerous if done incorrectly. Therefore, to avoid harm to yourself or damage to your vehicle or battery, follow the jump starting procedures. If in doubt, we strongly recommend that you have a competent technician or towing service to jump start your vehicle.
Use only a 12-volt jumper system. You can damage a 12-volt starting motor, ignition system, and other electrical parts beyond repair by use of a 24-volt power supply (either two 12-volt batteries in series or a 24-volt motor generator set).
Jump starting procedure
• Make sure the booster battery is 12-volt and that its negative terminal is grounded.
• If the booster battery is in another vehicle, do not allow the vehicles to touch.
• Turn off all unnecessary electrical loads.
• Connect the jumper cables in the exact sequence shown in the illustration.
First connect one end of a jumper cable to the positive terminal of the discharged battery
(1), then connect the other end to the positive terminal on the booster battery
(2). Proceed to connect one end of the other jumper cable to the negative terminal of the booster battery
(3), then the other end to a solid, stationary, metallic point (for example, the engine lifting bracket) away from the battery
(4). Do not connect it to or near any part that moves when the engine is cranked. Do not allow the jumper cables to contact anything except the correct battery terminals or the correct ground. Do not lean over the battery when making connections.
• Start the engine of the vehicle with the booster battery and let it run at 2,000 rpm, then start the engine of the vehicle with the discharged battery.
If the cause of your battery discharging is not apparent, you should have your vehicle checked by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
CAUTION – Battery cables
Do not connect the jumper cable from the negative terminal of the booster battery to the negative terminal of the discharged battery. This can cause the discharged battery to overheat and crack, releasing battery acid.