Prior to working on the light, firmly apply the parking brake, ensure that the ignition switch is turned to the “LOCK” position and turn off the lights to avoid sudden movement of the vehicle and burning your fingers or receiving an electric shock.
Be sure to replace the burned-out bulb with one of the same wattage rating. Otherwise, it may cause damage to the fuse or electric wiring system.
• Open the bonnet.
• Loosen the retaining bolts and remove the headlight assembly from the body of the vehicle.
• Disconnect the power connector from the back of the headlight assembly.
• Remove the headlight bulb cover by turning it counterclockwise.
• Disconnect the headlight bulb socket connector.
• Unsnap the headlight bulb retaining wire by depressing the end and pushing it upward.
• Remove the bulb from the headlight assembly.
• Install a new headlight bulb and snap the headlight bulb retaining wire into position by aligning the wire with the groove on the bulb.
• Connect the headlight bulb socket connector.
• Install the headlight bulb cover by turning it clockwise.
• Connect the power connector to the back of the headlight assembly.
• Reinstall the headlight assembly to the body of the vehicle.
If the headlight aiming adjustment is necessary after the headlight assembly is reinstalled, consult an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.