Jack and Tools
• The jack, jack handle, wheel brace are stored in the luggage compartment.
• Pull up the luggage box cover to reach this equipment.
• Jack handle
• Wheel brace
The jack is provided for emergency tire changing only. To prevent the jack from “rattling” whilst the vehicle is in motion, store it properly. Follow jacking instructions to reduce the possibility of personal injury.
Removing and storing the spare tire
Your spare tire is stored underneath your vehicle, directly below the cargo area.
To remove the spare tire :
• Open the tailgate.
• Find the plastic hex bolt cover and remove the cover.
• Use the wheel brace to loosen the bolt enough to lower the spare tyre.Turn the wheel brace counterclockwise until the spare tire reaches the ground.
• After the spare tire reaches the ground, continue to turn the wheel brace counterclockwise, and draw the spare tire outside. Never rotate the wheel brace excessively, otherwise the spare tire carrier may be damaged.
• Remove the retainer (1) from the centre of the spare tire.
To store the spare tire :
• Lay the tire on the ground with the valve stem facing up.
• Place the wheel under the vehicle and install the retainer (1) through the wheel centre.
• Turn the wheel brace clockwise until it clicks.